IFEMA – Feria de Madrid
For the fourth consecutive year, IASIS PHARMA successfully participated as an exhibitor in CPhI Worldwide, the main international Trade Fair of the Pharmaceutical sector. For 2018, CPhI was held in the exhibition center “IFEMA – Feria de Madrid” in Spain, from October 9th to 11th.
During the exhibition, several industry professionals visited our stand, with IASIS PHARMA team sharing information about the unique and wide portfolio of the company’s products. Increased interest was shown especially for the Nitrofurantoin Range, the Pharma Grade Effervescent Tablets line and also for the Mastihatherapy® caps.
- Nitrofurantoin, an antibacterial agent approved as a 1st line Therapy for Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), was presented by IASIS PHARMA in four pharmaceutical forms:
– 50mg & 100mg tabs
– 50mg & 100mg capsules
– 25mg/5ml oral suspension for pediatric use
-100mg prolonged release capsules (under development)
To the best of our knowledge, IASIS PHARMA is one of the few companies worldwide manufacturing the full range of Nitrofurantoin formulations.
- The Effervescent line portfolio of pharma grade products is produced and packed in the fully automated manufacturing line of IASIS PHARMA, completed in 2012 and continuously upgraded, in order to supply both Greek and the EU market with products of very high quality and efficacy.
- Mastihatherapy® caps are exclusively distributed through pharmacies. Each capsule of the Mastihatherapy® caps contains 350 mg Pistacia lentiscus L varia. Chia (Chios Mastic) indicated for functional dyspepsia. In August 2015, Chios Mastic was approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) as a Traditional Herbal Medicine for the treatment of:
– mild dyspeptic disorders
– treatment of skin inflammations & healing of skin lesions.
Visitors also had the chance to learn about IASIS PHARMA’ new manufacturing site, which includes three dedicated and separated production facilities and also regarding the Chios Mastiha Research & Innovation Center which is scheduled to produce novel pharmaceutical products based in Chios Mastic.
During the three-day exhibition, IASIS PHARMA management team further strengthened its relations with existing partners, but also held productive discussions with several new potential business partners, thus exploring further prospects of business cooperation and expanding the presence of IASIS PHARMA in more markets worldwide.
CPhI Worldwide 2019 is already scheduled to take place in Frankfurt Messe, Germany, and IASIS PHARMA has already planned to have an even stronger, active participation, for the fifth consecutive year.